Germany Territory Sales Manager – Verathon®
Verathon®is looking for a Territory Sales Manager to become the newest member of our Sales Team located in Germany supporting the North East region.
As Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the sales and promotion of nominated Verathon product(s) in North East Germany in order to achieve well-defined sales targets. This includes hunting new business opportunities as well as supporting the installed base of existing Verathon Customers. You will be well suited to this position if you enjoy customer contact and have expertise or the aptitude for face-to-face selling. You should enjoy the challenge of identifying new sales leads and building large sales ‘pipeline’. You should be as comfortable wearing scrubs in the operating theatre as you are making a presentation in a hospital boardroom. An ability to ‘think outside the box’ will contribute to your success and provide you with substantial rewards. Your methodical & holistic approach to funnel management, as well as your natural flair, will allow you to achieve impressive and solid sales growth.
- Generate a high volume of sales activity including in-person prospecting, product evaluations, phone calls, proposal generation, customer presentations, and negotiations
- Strategically manage a sales pipeline to maximize revenue opportunities to achieve revenue targets
- Analyze pipeline coverage percentage and target, in-forecast hit rate, and pipeline deal profile to ensure that pipeline supports achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Execute sales strategies and techniques to realize sales opportunities identified
- Understand the buying process for each account and build/maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders. Understand needs, build rapport, and influence decision-making and strategy with customers
- Deliver proposals and presentations to customers that include creative solutions to customer problems, effective benefit selling statements, economic solutions, and skillful demonstration of products
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce.com) daily to record and update customer information, share product details, prepare quotes, update sales stages, maintain an accurate forecast, and close deals
- Research market opportunities and e ngage in strategic business planning and execution to consistently achieve or exceed sales quota
- Provide accurate and thorough sales reporting to leadership, including monthly forecasting
- Adapt to shifts in market demands and strategies by continuously learning new industry and market information, as well as skills and techniques that lead to increased success
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of related experience in a similar role in a multi-national, preferably in a medical device, capital equipment organization
- You must be based in Germany (preferable in the assigned territory), and speak naitve level of German language
- Experience working for a U.S. based manufacturing company highly preferred
- Successfully completed university level education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Preferred professional experience and track record in Health Sector
- Excels at communication with peers in the organization
- Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction upon occasion
- Strong service-led ethic and has an innate sense of responsibility and instills this sentiment within the team
- Approaches all sales initiatives with “patient safety first” ethos and drives this throughout the team
- Deliver exceptional service levels through going the extra mile to exceed patient expectations
- Collaborative team player, who respects other people’s ideas and understands how to gain agreement throughout the organization
- Supportive and creative in solving challenges across value streams and functions.
- Comfortable with having to adjust to changes in work environment, work under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meet tight deadlines
- Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously.
JOB DESCRIPTION / TEMP-0268 / REV-00
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Verathon will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Verathon does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.