Kautex is a global company with over 30 plants in 13 countries. As a Tier One automotive supplier, we navigate and accelerate throughout the automotive industry with ideas being put into motion by those who are driving the future. A pioneer in the design and manufacturing of plastic fuel systems for light vehicles – including hybrid vehicle applications – Kautex is expanding our portfolio to offer smart products. From battery systems for use in hybrid and full battery electric vehicle applications to autonomous vehicle cleaning systems, Kautex is committed to pioneering solutions for the era of new mobility. We also know that sustainability is not just a word for us – because our planet isn’t better unless we can be better.
We have an exciting opportunity that enables you to:
- Be responsible for new technology process development in the field of plastic battery housings for automotive applications. Process development will include topics from the fields of processing LFT, GMT, SMC and granulate in compression molding processes as well as injection molding, although the job description is not limited to these materials/processes.
- Maintain overview of process development topics, implement new relevant content, prioritize and and manage process development topics in accordance with the company strategy.
- Plan and Conduct samplings and execute design of experiments. Ensure documentation, evaluation and presentation of results.
- Conduct data analysis of process and quality data for process development, optimization and long-term evaluation.
- Define and support the creation of P-FMEAs.
- Create global Standardization documents to scale the knowledge.
- Define, release, update, distribute and transfer the content of the standards into the organisation and implement lesson learned.
- Define and develop standards out of the conducted samplings and trials to capture optimal process and equipment setup.
- Support Equipment development as well as Product development with process know how.
- Support Industry 4.0 Tech department to capture and define necessary process data to establish process boundaries for serial production.
- Support process simulation team and feasibility studies.
- University degree in Plastic engineering or comparable
- Experience in composite processing or injection molding
- Relevant experience in one of the mentioned technologies is a strong plus
- Able to communicate internationally and working in foreign countries and cultures
- Willingness to travel international
- Self-driven independent character (DoE, material & process know how, validation methods)
- Fluent business and technical German and English skills are required
- Strong systematic approach to gain a deep know-how of future processes
We’re seeking a compassionate individual who drives for results, is action orientated with strong functional-technical skills and the ability to prioritize.
We offer an international, family-friendly, and diverse work environment in which you can help shape the mobility of tomorrow, our positions offer flexibility and some remote work. Additionally, we have great career development opportunities in the field of new mobility with interesting and challenging projects, as well as various personal and professional trainings.