We are an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We’re one of the world’s largest privately owned real estate tech companies and a subsidiary of Axel Springer. Our mission is to unlock everyone’s perfect place! Some of Europe’s best known digital real estate marketplaces and brands form part of our Group, they are: Meilleurs Agents, Groupe SeLoger, Immoweb, Immowelt, Housell and Yad2.
We also invest in innovative business models which shape the future of how people buy, sell, rent or lend properties and hold minority participations in companies such as: PurpleBricks, Homeday, Zumper and Parcel.
Our ambition is to be the leading Employer in PropTech across Europe and this is a pivotal time to join us as we embark on this journey enabling us to help unlock everyone’s perfect place!
WHAT WE DO IN OWNER/SELLER – Product and Tech at AVIV
The Owner Domain at AVIV group is part of the Product & Tech organization and its objective is to create the #1 marketplace in Europe to support consumers in all their real-estate projects.
Building on local expertise from Immowelt (Germany & Austria), Immoweb (Belgium), Groupe SeLoger and Meilleurs Agents (France), we design, develop and maintain solutions helping property owners understand the real estate market, the value of their properties and connect them with the best professionals to make their project a success.
For many property owners, their property is the most valuable asset they hold and it is often imbued with memories and has a strong affective value, which makes any transaction an event highly charged with emotion.
Our mission is to provide property owners with the most up-to-date and transparent information on prices and real-estate professionals so they can be more serene when managing and marketing their property.
We leverage our data, in-house scientific analysis of the market and our Product and Tech practices to provide relevant quality products to property owners.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN:
- Be a team player.
- Work in international teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with transparency in mind in English and German (preferable).
- Design and develop applications for the Group’s various brands.
- Ensure the follow-up and maintenance of our applications.
- Follow a safe delivery process through CI/CD in close collaboration with product managers.
- Be a driving force in implementing new innovative features.
- Monitor and create prototypes around new technological opportunities.
- Work on cutting edge cloud projects as well as existing legacy systems.
AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS:
- A degree in computer science, media informatics or comparable training and several years of professional experience as a developer or software architect.
- Solid grounding in the particularities and constraints of application development.
- The ability and willingness to Know how about the design, implementation and operation of (Micro-)services.
- Great autonomy combined with desire to learn and share his/her knowledge to make him/her the ideal candidate for this position.
- Capacity to work on big projects used by hundreds of thousands of users per day.
- C# (Framework / Core)
- MS SQL, PostgreSQL
- Serverless AWS Services
- Git / Source Code Management (GitHub, GitLab, …)
- A good understanding of software architecture
- A good understanding of Clean Code
- Knowledge with testing (Jest, Cypress, MS Test)
- Basic knowledge with CI/CD (CircleCI, GitLab)
- Communication with RESTful web-services
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of German (preferable) and English is mandatory
SKILLS THAT ARE A PLUS:
- Modern frontend frameworks e.g. React / Angular
- AWS SDK & CDK
- NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB)
- Asp.Net Webforms
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of white-label apps
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A professional, friendly and stimulating working environment.
- Opportunities for personal development in line with business growth (trainings, conferences, …).
- Working on apps in a quality-first mindset.
- We are one of the leading PropTech platforms in Europe. If you’ve ever rented or purchased a property then you may have used one of our classified portals. This is a great time to join us to help elevate our AVIV brand.
- The opportunity to work hybrid within our operating footprint with international travel to our locations in France, Belgium and Germany.
- The freedom to tell us which tools you need to be successful in your job so we can set you up to make it happen.