Software Developer (Python)
Barco designs technology that makes everyday life a little better. Seeing beyond the image, we develop sight, sound, and sharing solutions to help you work together, share insights, and wow audiences. Our focus is on three core markets: Enterprise (from meeting and control rooms to corporate spaces), Healthcare (from the radiology department to the operating room), and Entertainment (from movie theaters to live events and attractions). Our solutions make a visible impact, allowing people to enjoy compelling entertainment experiences; to foster knowledge sharing and smart decision-making in organizations and to help hospitals provide their patients with the best possible healthcare. Headquartered in Kortrijk (Belgium), Barco realized sales of 804 million euro in 2021 and has a global team of 3,000+ employees, whose passion for technology is captured in +500 granted patents.
Product and Responsibilities
OpSpace is a Barco product easing the daily work of a control room operator. It is a distributed system based on Linux which provides freely configurable workplaces integrating all kind of application and video sources along with a highly efficient UI allowing fast interaction in mission critical environments. Each workplace can be composed of multiple hardware clients and has a multi-server backend. Integrated into a highly efficient UI, OpSpace offers various application and video sources, which can be customized, shared between users and concurrently used in the same workplace. To further increase the functionality of OpSpace, Barco is looking for a Software Developer.
Your responsibility is to maintain the OpSpace backendusing the latest technologiesand explore possible applications of machine learning within our Enterprise division. Since the result of your work is part of a bigger ecosystem, you need to collaborate with other teams and integrate work results.
You will be part of an agile R&D team working in a modern environment on the development of software products for video wall applications and operator workplaces used in critical infrastructure. Your team will be based in Karlsruhe/Germany, with close relations to the Barco headquarter in Kortrijk/Belgium and our development site in Noida/India.
As part of this agile scrum team, you will develop simple and timely solutions to complex problems, maintaining Barco’s market leadership in video wall solutions. We welcome you to a software organization that focuses on ownership and team responsibility.
You will work on a backend written in Python based on microservice architectureusing Crossbar.io as a communication layer. Together with your team you are responsible for end-to-end development of a particular feature looking into perspective from architecture to test automation.
- Good knowledge of programming, preferably in Python
- Experience with SCM, preferably GIT
- Experience with Jenkins or GitHub actions
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with API design
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus
- Some experience with Crossbar.io is a plus
- Able to work in a multicultural hybrid environment
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Good communications skills
- A permanent contract with a fair salary
- Working with modern tools in an agile software development process
- Collaboration on high-quality products for the industrial environment
- An interesting and challenging job in a flexible working environment
- Membership in a highly motivated, interdisciplinary and international team
- Internal training in our Barco University