The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
The »Moving Picture Technologies« department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Erlangen, Germany, develops new technologies for the audio, film, and television industry to provide producers and artists with new options for multimedia design and narrative style. The department researches new immersive and interactive formats, going beyond familiar MPEG-H, ADM, DCP, IMF, and other formats.
What you will do
Would you like to work on developing completely new software solutions for the production of next-generation music and films in a creative and innovative way?
Well, this (and the ideal environment for it) is precisely what we are offering you!
At Fraunhofer IIS, you will plan and design software architectures and create graphic user interfaces for audio tools. While working in an international team, you will implement software modules and exciting solutions across various platforms. We apply our – that is to say, your solutions, across the globe in professional music, film, and TV productions.
What you bring to the table
- University degree in computer science, media technology, electrical engineering, or in an equivalent engineering or scientific field
- Proficient knowledge in software development using object-oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, Java or similar.
- Excellent English skills
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Digital audio signal processing
- Audio production tools or plugins like VST or AAX
- Development of graphical user interfaces with Qt, JUCE or similar frameworks.
- Build systems / continuous integration systems
- Working with version control systems such as git or svn
What you can expect
Fraunhofer is not only the largest organization for applied research in Europe, but also a top-rated employer. How so?
- Our institute culture: We want our colleagues to feel comfortable. Therefore, we constantly strive to ensure a friendly and supportive working atmosphere within our international team.
- Exciting activities: With customers and partners across the globe, we provide an attractive working environment in a highly innovative key industry with exciting ventures and new experiences.
- Room for creativity: We want to give our colleagues a generous amount of creative freedom, so that they can contribute and develop their own ideas.
- Personal development: With top-of-the-range company equipment and regular training, we aim to provide the best possible working conditions and development opportunities for our colleagues.
- Flexible working hours: Due to our wide range of offers, we make it easy for our colleagues to find a comfortable balance between their private and professional lives.
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the aim to extend it subsequently. The weekly working time is 39 hours. The position can also be filled on a part-timebasis with a preference, however, to have it filled as close to a full-time position as possible. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Intimidating? Don’t worry. We are an interdisciplinary team, looking to support young career-oriented talents. Hence, do not hesitate to join the home of MP3 and send us your application! Please submit it (cover letter, CV and grade sheets) online!
Important: Please do not forget to click on the »Apply«button after »Save«. Otherwise, your application will not reach us.
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 62015