As an ideal candidate, you will have the personality and presence to thrive in a fast-paced environment, characterized by rapid business growth and a changing technology and business landscape. This position requires significant interaction with the highest levels of EMEA management and sophisticated business clients.
What you will do:
- provide legal support for the quickly growing business of Red Hat in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Italy will be one of the focus countries/regions
- be responsible for the negotiation of Open Source software related contracts, including software licensing and software maintenance agreements; consulting agreements; reseller, distributor, cloud, hosting, OEM and other partner agreements; supply agreements
- educate customers about open source licensing and Red Hat’s subscription business model
- design the deals with view to revenue recognition principles
- support and coach sales-teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- be the central point of contact for the roll-out of any new and updated agreements (including liaising with external counsel and translators)
- act as interface between Sales, Operations and Finance
- coordinate with management, as appropriate, to ensure any and all contractual matters are handled in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner and to ensure that processes and procedures will be developed and applied consistently, serve as a point of contact for legal, intellectual property and policy issues for Red Hat EMEA executives
- serve as a trusted advisor and business partner by providing counsel and guidance for the accomplishment of overall business objectives of Red Hat, such as fostering a culture of innovation, while ensuring full compliance with applicable laws and regulations and avoiding unacceptable risks. Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with Red Hat’s business, its people, products, technology, markets, facilities, customers and competitors to identify trends and formulate strategies accordingly.
- participate in region-specific Legal initiatives and cross-regional projects
What you will bring:
- Master degree in law, preferably with an English or Italian legal qualification.
- The ideal candidate is admitted to the national bar or holds an equivalent qualification.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an attorney/in-house lawyer, including substantial commercial transactional experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak, write and negotiate fluently in English, and Italian and ideally one more European language.
- excellent oral and written communication skills; acute attention to detail; excellent analytical abilities,
- ability to work independently, prioritize and execute flawlessly on multiple concurrent and often competing deliverables, whilst managing expectations of the business and meeting. deadlines,
- outstanding interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively and engender trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels,
- ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable and accountable manner,
- demonstrating flexibility and autonomy,
- enthusiasm and “self-starter” qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; desire “to make things happen”,
- exposure to a US based company and understanding of the cultural nuances would be a plus.