Operations Associate (m/f/d)
- Responsible for taking care of transport related activities around the day-to-day kit production business which require Marken as courier
- Responsible for monitoring all inbound shipments transiting HAM on daily basis to ensure that shipments are delivered within agreed timelines
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of all daily transport related topics around kit supply consignments which require Marken as courier
- Professional communication with certain clients and couriers on a regular basis
- Work with our operating system “Maestro” to plan, execute and monitor import & export shipments
- Coordinate collections, deliveries, placements, drop offs and recoveries with other departments / Marken offices / agents and drivers.
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders are being informed about issues on time
- Process temperature sensitive shipments designed for the special requirements of the cold chain transportation processes
- Prepare and maintain temperature-controlled shipments as required and in collaboration with other departments where needed
- Provide proper documentation to the agent/Marken driver for collections, deliveries, drop offs and recoveries.
- Perform additional administrative work as deemed necessary (such as certain client reporting, etc.)
Internal duties and responsibilities:
- Provide feedback to the Sr. Operations Manager and the Line Manager
- Align with the Kit Production Leadership around daily business to identify potential issues and take necessary preventive actions
External duties responsibilities:
- Act as contact for other departments / Marken offices / agents and drivers around all transport related topics where Marken is chosen as courier
- Managing external (and internal) communication with clients, other departments / Marken offices / agents and drivers, especially the specific Marken HAM OPS shared mailbox, to ensure all internal and external requests are managed on time
- Act as contact for clients for certain specified projects
- Accountable to complete tasks in compliance with MARKEN standard procedures and policies
- Support continuous improvement process
- Support the identification of potential savings and help to avoid costs
- Supporting occupational health and safety
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Kit production by working independently and efficiently to process the highest possible volume of shipments.
- Ensure and monitor that all shipments are shipped with all necessary documents, with the correct courier on the respective courier account and with the correct and required service option.
- Close daily cooperation with the shipping department and other Marken (logistics) offices
- Monitoring of shipments including the update of the shipment status in the MARKEN intern Maestro software
- pro-active communication to clients/ investigators and other stakeholders in case of any potential delay
- Pro-active information to all concerned stakeholders (external and internal) of any change of courier services and any related information to any force majeure happening like thunderstorms, strike, wars, attacks, fires and casualties and other topics which might have an impact on the turnaround time of a shipment
- Pro-active communication to Sr. Operations Coordinator on any delays, system breakdown or any other situation that may risk the daily send out
- Share information about the needs related to the tasks, responsibilities, workload, processes and other topics of the daily business with the Sr. Operations Coordinator
- Ensure that all shipments are processed in accordance with the respective regulatory requirements
- Support of developing standardized processes
- Act as back up for Team Lead Shipping and vice-versa
- Where necessary act as back up for Sr. Operations Coordinator in collaboration with Team Lead Shipping and only according to prior agreement with Sr. Operations Coordinator
- Completed apprenticeship or related studies
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in operations, logistics or shipping environment
- Fluent in English & German (both oral and written)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Package
- Experience with company intern ERP systems
- Knowledge about IATA / ADR regulations, including Transportation of Dangerous Goods preferred
- Knowledge of Customs regulations preferred
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS and is a critical part of UPS Healthcare. Marken offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs for clinical drug product storage and distribution worldwide, and supports cell and gene therapy logistics services from clinical to commercial, while maintaining the leading position for Direct-to-Patient and Home Healthcare services, biological sample shipments and biological kit production.
Moving Our World Forward by Delivering What Matters.