About the opportunity
The Manager Financial Accounting will take ownership for our accounting methodology and our accounting principles.
This includes taking ownership of accounting policies and processes within Finance and enforcing those across the company. The Manager Financial Accounting also leads the evolution, maintenance and due application of the Group chart of accounts and works with the Accounting Platform Team (APS) on the account posting rules, development of the foundation data model (FDM).
Additionally, the Manager Financial Accounting will be in charge of the Accounting input to the new product processes (NPP) and the respective compliance with accounting standards of new products.
In addition, the Manager Financial Accounting ensures the correct accounting of Intercompany relations and other transactions like purchase price allocation.
The Manager Financial Accounting plays an important role in the monthly book close process and works closely with the Financial Reporting team to ensure in time closure of the books by overseeing the process and providing guidance to the Accounting Operations Team.
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree with a focus on Finance, Controlling, Auditor comparable majors
- Around 5 years of work experience in a Big4 or Financial Consulting environment within Financial Services, alternatively comparable work experience in a bank or Fintech company
- Relevant operational experience is welcome
- Profound knowledge in IFRS and German GAAP
- Experience with the design and implementation of accounting policies, Charts of Accounts and Accounting Manuals
- Preferably knowledge and experience in payment networks and schemes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- A deep interest in accounting methodology
- Interest in understanding of ERP systems and processes
- native in German and fluent inEnglish
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors .
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies – all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We’ve eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.