The Key Account Manager is responsible for TOP 20 Accounts and TOP Private Hospital Groups in Germany.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Identify and prioritise opportunities as aligned with customer strategy.
- Coordinate account team activities and resources (e.g. CI, PI, MMX).
- Responsible for c-suites relationships.
- Respond to customer concerns.
- Develop own strategic plan.
- Develop sales analysis and communication.
- Assume lead role with project team, RVP and RSM.
- Translate insights into opportunities and delegate execution.
- Being the main Merit Contact for the “whole” hospital
- One face to the customer
- First Point of Contact operatively and strategically within those TOP Accounts
- Being physically at the TOP Accounts and in all departments to ensure real world feedback is being handed in unfiltered
- Implement overall strategy for the ZOP accounts and all departments Merit products are used or can potentially be used. Execute those strategies together with the teams
- Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Representatives to establish and maintain close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by being involved to the appropriate degree in the following:
- Identifying potential customers.
- Meeting regularly with current and potential clients to present and sell Merit products and to explain their benefits.
- Making in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use.
- Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products and that their needs are understood and met.
- Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
- Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products. Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
- Coordinates with other Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
- Assists in the preparation of a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit’s procedures.
- Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge about Merit and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
- Participates as a member of the Merit sales team to improve Merit’s ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travels (+/- 70%) by car, airplane, bus, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
- Performs a variety of other sales related duties, as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area with three years of contracts experience, with one of those years in a leadership role.
- Professional and/or educational contracts experience. Must be able to interpret and apply contract terms.
- Ability to extract and configure data from multiple sources.
- Understand pricing, discounts, and rebates.
- Demonstrated computer skills with spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs. Knowledge of Oracle applications preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to understand financial impact of decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and excellent time/project management skills.
- Results-oriented, with ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well-verbally and in writing-with others.
- Information gathering/routing/interpretation/implementation
- Computer skills
- Contract analysis
- Supervisory skills
- Customer service skills
COMPANY HISTORYMerit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.