As Trading platform support employee you will be a central contact person for the Flow Trading’s core trading application ICOM Trading. You will cover the complete application support lifecycle. You will be closely connected to users (mainly Traders) and development teams. As stability and short turnaround cycles are important for this e-Trading business, the IT Operations team is key for the business’ success.
Your main tasks will be:
- Functional and technical support for trading desks (traders) in the usage of the trading platform to ensure stable business operations.
- Change and incident management in a complex environment.
- Monitor systems status, performances & reliability to pro-actively address issues with business and IT teams
- Liaise closely with 2nd and 3rd level support teams whenever required.
- Contribute own ideas to further improvements of the trading platform usage to identify new features required and accompany IT development teams in design and specification
- Computer Science, Finance or quantitative subject Studies or similar (BSc or MSc)
- Good understanding of financial derivative and linear products – mainly equity and indices underlyings but also FX, PM, Commo, IR
- Knowledge of option pricing theory and/or advanced maths is an advantage
- Basic understanding of a trading floor environment is appreciated
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux (Unix Shell) and of relational/document-oriented databases incl. SQL
- Good understanding of IT concepts & architecture
- Fluent English (spoken and written) necessary to work in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Passionate about supporting a business area using a set of complex applications
- Able to establish credibility quickly with the business lines and other stakeholders
- Interest in learning more about products with complex structures and payoffs
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
Was wir bieten
- dynamic work environment
- mobile work up to 2 days a week
- international team
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy. With a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Société Générale has over 133,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports on a daily basis 30 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world.
The role of Information Technology is to provide IT services to its dedicated business unit allowing it to operate efficiently and continuously develop its activities in alignment with the business needs.
The IT Unit maintains, develops core eTrading systems and supports the Global Markets trading desk for Listed Products.
The IT applications landscape contains mainly:
- the manufacturing process with e. g. a highly automated issuance process for in average 2.500 securitized certificates per day, the Systems
- approximatly 20 websites to support the B2B2C Sales Approach to reach out to retail customers
- inhouse developed eTrading platforms
equal opportunities employerand we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and
promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.