Our clients expect BCG Platinion to provide advice on all relevant IT issues starting from a top-down strategic level to hands-on implementation expertise. Our Energy Practice Area drives fundamental change for energy companies to succeed around the globe. We are exceptional technology experts with a strong footprint at the C-level and provide solutions across all energy sub-sectors and value chains. Our USP is generated through the global tech footprint combined with the strategic business angle of us and our colleagues from The Boston Consulting Group.
Together with our customers and technology partners, we are pushing the transformational lift for commodity traders by improving industry standard solutions as well as building innovative digital platforms and analytical tools for optimization and valuation. As an Industry Analyst Commodity Trading, you will be part of our internal team to support our consulting staff as an expert on commodity trading solutions. You will support client teams, train IT generalists on commodity trading IT and build and run our own environments. You will be responsible to build and drive our technical solutions and combine them to solve key use cases in the Energy industry. You will embody the “BCG Platinion spirit” with your hands-on manner – and we will have a lot of fun celebrating our contribution to make the energy transition a success.
Shape the world of tomorrow
- Providing expert support to our teams and clients in the commodity trading industry; from market trends to technology implications, solution assessment and benchmarking to requirements analysis and implementation
- Designing, defining and implementing new-build and custom-off-the-shelf trading solutions, including Commodity/Energy Trading and Risk Management (CTRM/ETRM), portfolio management, market access, market data, forecasting, scheduling and logistics solutions as well as digital data platforms and value measurement and optimization tools
- Pro-actively progressing our internal knowledge development by taking an active stake in the development of technology knowledge in the domain of commodity trading, creating training material for our consulting staff and providing our own trading platforms for training as well as to showcase innovative solutions to clients
- Enhancing delivery quality by providing guidance on methodological approaches and by ensuring adherence to industry best practices to delivery teams based on deep solution expertise and experience in the energy industry
- Driving the evolution of our energy platforms, tech capabilities and service offerings in trading to create new opportunities for our energy clients worldwide
This is how you can make a difference
- Above-average completion of a degree in computer science, (business) informatics, mathematics, physics, business administration or a related relevant field
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in the context of implementation of commodity trading solutions working for a solution provider, consulting company or industry player
- You have experience with agile methodologies (e.g., as part of a scrum team)
- You have collected hands-on technical knowledge in the design, implementation and configuration of industry-leading solutions in the utilities and energy trading domain, e.g., ETRM systems such as Endur, Allegro Horizon, RightAngle, Deltix or Beacon
- You have collected experiences with trading systems landscapes in general, including core systems, interfaces, and recent developments in data landscapes and analytics
- You bring a well-developed analytical and conceptual skills and a strong value orientated can-do mentality
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), German language skills are a plus
- Team spirit and good communication skills, as well as the ability working in a team towards a common goal complete your profile
How you can grow with us
We guarantee constant new development incentives in an open and rewarding work environment. You’ll face challenges every day together with a dedicated team of talented colleagues. Individual training offerings and a culture of open feedback will provide the framework you need to explore and perfect your own strengths. Our modern structures enable you to stay focused. This includes our excellent back-office support and a comprehensive Knowledge Center. With our regular office Fridays and legendary events, we cultivate a strong and close team network from which you will also profit beyond your case work.
Become a part of our team
Apply over our online portal now, with your CV, a relevant project list, and all pertinent references. If you have any questions, please contact David Körte at +49 221 58958-324. For more information, see karriere.bcgplatinion.de