When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Environmental Scientist/LRAM Coordinator to join our team!
In this role you will get to work with the US Army and German environmental authorities to rehabilitate and maintain military training while living full time in Germany with TESA/SOFA status.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conduct training land impact assessments
- Develop and plan training land improvement projects to include scopes of work and cost estimates
- Coordinate the implementation of training land improvement projects
- Develop best management practices documentation and annual project plans
- Conduct environmental education and outreach through briefings, posters and supporting outreach events.
- Create and update Geographic Information System (GIS) data layers using GPS and ESRI ArcPro.
- Prepare technical reports and documents.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Self-Motivated, independent work ethic, capable of prioritizing own work with minimal supervision.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in land management and sustainability best practices.
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships with customers and provide technical briefings land users and managers through meetings, working groups, conferences, and outreach events.
- Experience using GIS software such as ESRI ArcGIS to create layers and map features.
- Valid & Clean US Driving License.
- Clean Police Background Check from local law enforcement authority
- Ability to travel to and within Europe.
- Proficiency in various computer software applications.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to relocate and live in Germany for the length of employment.
- Fluent English, written and spoken. German language skills desirable but not required.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation’s most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!