:Europe & Americas-Germany-Frankfurt
:13/Dec/2022, 9:24:00 AM
Providing supporting to the Head of CFCC Governance and the Head of CFCC, SCB AG in all aspects relating to MaRisk Compliance activities, in particular through responsibility for German Banking Act (Kreditwesengesetz, KWG)and MaRisk, governance and other prudential advisory. CFCC Governance includes the compliance and conduct advice to other Functions and Risk Owners (according to the ERMF and the Operational and Technology Risk Type Framework (O&T RTF)) in SCB AG, advice on any prudential and financial institution governance matter, in particular in relation to the German Banking Act (Kreditwesengesetz, KWG)and MaRisk requirements as well as the setting of Compliance and Conduct frameworks, including but not limited to Compliance Governance, Risk, Control, and Review Frameworks. Furthermore, it includes the key responsibility for the Regulatory Change management within CFCC, incl. the tracking and capturing as well as the analysis of new and amended regulations (as far as applicable to the responsibilities of the role) and the maintenance of the Compliance Obligations Register and certain Single Obligations Registers. Finally, the responsibility includes in particular the production of relevant Management Information (MI), (internal) Compliance reports and the oversight over and co-ordination of the Compliance function’s owned processes as well as the capture of compliance or conduct breaches and issues.
Insofar, this also includes responsibility for providing details of developments giving rise to a material risk that serious regulatory breaches or breaches of risk tolerances (as agreed by the Management Board from time to time) may occur and notifying any such breaches to (as appropriate):
- Head of CFCC Governance
- Head of CFCC
- Management Board (and if need be Supervisory Board)
- Relevant Heads of Business or Function (incl. Country Heads of CFCC within SCB AG’s branches).
Act as Compliance Officer (Deputy MaRisk Officer) for SCB AG
- Under the direction of the Head of CFCC Governance:
o assistance in the provision of Compliance advice and training if necessary;
o assistance in the review, drafting and implementation/ roll out of policies, standards and procedures;
o assistance in the analysis of new regulatory initiatives to ensure all material matters are considered and any necessary measures for and during implementation or project phase, including providing training to relevant staff are taken.
- Ensure proactively that relevant CFCC own documents, incl. Manuals, Policies and Standards are kept up to date.
- Engage with relevant industry groups and bodies, in particular in the area of MaRisk, governance and prudential requirements and in general regarding all relevant MaRisk Compliance as well as other assigned matters to ensure adequate know how.
- Ensure that SCB AG’s operations are in line with regulatory expectations and Group requirements.
- Provide Compliance Advice to all stakeholders with respect to the assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Act as Risk Owner for the assigned Risk Types and establish and conduct the necessary control activities.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and escalation to the Management Board, Head of CFCC and Head of CFCC Governance as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of legislative and regulatory developments as relevant for the areas of responsibilities to fulfil the roles of Deputy MaRisk Officer for SCB AG in an adequate manner (e.g. through trainings, workshops, networking etc.).
- Inform and advise the bank and the relevant stakeholders of their obligations pursuant to applicable local laws and regulations.
- Provide advice to all stakeholders in SCB AG on KWG/ MaRisk and other governance and prudential requirements as well as other relevant material requirements.
- Cooperate with the supervisory authorities as well as auditors of SCB AG.
- Support supervisory audits and authority requests.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory requirements as necessary for your area of responsibility and as assigned by the Head of CFCC Governance.
- Proactively identify areas, in which awareness should be raised or training is required and arrange for relevant training.
- Develop and deliver training to make staff aware of the Compliance requirements that are applicable to them.
- Support identification and resolving of conflicts of interests.
- Together with Head of CFCC Governance contribute to the development of the overall Risk Assessment to ensure that compliance risks in SCB AG are appropriately mitigated.
- Participate in projects, in particular relevant for the assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Support an effective Compliance and Conduct control environment.
- Support activities around regulatory Horizon Scanning and provide relevant information to senior stakeholders in order to facilitate a sufficient planning of implementation projects and decision making to maintain a sound regulatory compliance.
- Participate in implementation projects as well as Compliance Reviews and other control activities, incl. the review of the control framework and the establishment of control plans and other enhancements of control activities.
- Supporting the management board in defining and establishing SCB AG’s written documentation (policies etc.) in a regulator compliant manner and providing advice on Compliance risk and requirements, in particular regarding KWG, MaRisk as well as other governance and prudential requirements; this shall also include assistance in implementation of new laws and regulations, participation in projects and new initiatives or products and resolving of conflicts of interests.
- Participation in the development and updating of the Compliance Risk and Control Framework, the Compliance Strategy, Compliance Reporting as well as the Training Charta.
Business & Functions
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded in SCB AG.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, regulations, laws, best practices and policies related to Compliance and Conduct.
- In conjunction with the relevant stakeholders, analyse the impact of regulatory compliance matters on the SCB AG and its operations.
- Anticipate, assess and communicate key regulatory risk trends relevant for SCB AG for management consideration and drive the development and implementation of appropriate mitigation control measures.
- Use general knowledge of business products undertaken to work with business compliance specialists to support the response to regulatory questions and to keep them updated on developments in the Bank’s business.
- Support any regulatory visit, audit and investigation as key stakeholder for MaRisk, KWG and governance requirements.
- Provide solid Compliance advice to all Functions, departments and senior management in SCB AG on all prudential and other relevant laws and regulation concerning Compliance and Conduct risks (owned by Compliance as Risk Owner) and if necessary, the wider Group.
People and Talent
Initiation and coordination of awareness-raising and training measures.
- Investigation of incidents and submission of related reports to the risk committee and/or Management Board. Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Apply CFCC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Inform senior management and support the information of relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that remediation actions are taken quickly and/or activities are ceased.
Provide expert advice to the Management Board and cross departmental stakeholders in SCB AG.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s and SCB AG’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank AG. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with the German Banking Act (KWG), in particular with the regulations provided by the MaRisk and related laws and regulations.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and the Head of CFCC of SCB AG and act in accordance with its Articles of Association (or equivalent).
- Management Board and Senior Management Team
- CFCC network (in particular: Regional Head of CFCC and the Regional CFCC Team)
- Internal and external auditors
Authorities/Freedom of Decision Making
- Free access to all data and their records, incl. all systems and files.
- Authority to intervene in activities etc. where it is believed, on reasonable grounds, that without such intervention a material breach of regulations or laws (in particular client asset protection requirements) will occur or that the reputation of Standard Chartered will be put at material risk.
- This is an advisory but also controlling and assuring role and the position is influential given the reputational implications of the matters advised on and it requires a high degree of specialization in the area of regulatory Compliance, client asset protection rules and regulations as well as banking and financial services laws and regulation.
- Free access to the Management Board, in particular CEO & CRO.
- Attending internal & external Seminars & Workshops for further development regarding client asset protection
Our Ideal Candidate
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Compliance Policies and Standards
- Compliance Advisory
- Compliance Review and Assurance
- Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
- Compliance Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Liaison
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a Compliance, Audit, Risk Management or similar role. Advanced knowledge and understanding of the banking and financial services business.
- Advanced knowledge on surrounding laws and regulations such as KWG, MaRisk and other prudential laws.
- A clear and advanced understanding of the management of Compliance and operational risks as well as experience regarding the performance of control and review activties.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- The sound judgement and precision necessary to perform a key control role and maintain effective working relationships in supporting the accurate assessment and reporting of regulatory risks within a Bank.
- Experience of proactively engaging stakeholders across multiple countries/businesses/functions.
- Fluent in German and English.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thingand are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle,continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together,we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter,we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-offincluding annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible workingoptions based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing supportthrough Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning cultureto support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments –some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers