We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
We are Fun
The Commercial Project Manager – Services is responsible for managing and tracking all commercial aspects of the service contracts under execution, using corporate systems including NetSuite Project Systems. This includes driving accounting compliance, ensuring adherence to commercial contract terms, executing financial and operational internal controls, driving and managing customer contract changes and supplier claims and maintaining operational excellence.
The position will partner with the Area Service Directors in the subregions and requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with outside construction contractors and service providers. This role requires a background in accounting/finance working with long-term service contracts as well as Contract Management skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and assist with common processes and procedures related to the administration of long-term service agreements (LTSA)
- Manage approved project budget and work closely with service managers to provide timely transparency on LTSA financial status
- Monitor and audit reports to ensure accuracy and perform reconciliation of LTSA financials
- Ensure month end closing activities for LTSAs and pipeline forecasting of financials by subregion
- Implement and control warranty cost tracking mechanism for the region in alignment with the project delivery business
- Support transactions for spare parts hub and ensure proper inventory count
- Manage construction subcontractors, vendors and maintenance providers to maintain LTSA performance and quality requirements
- Use Contract Management capabilities to review and manage all contract documents; Claim and Change Order Negotiations; Risk and Opportunity Analysis
- Drive to improve project performance through change orders and supplier claims
- Analyze and process project related documents (purchase orders, field orders, invoices, etc.)
- Organize the monthly project reviews and prepare management reports
- Communicate financial matters with project teams to business units and executives
- Understand risk of permanent establishment and implications of sales and personal tax requirements for service contracts
Skills & Qualifications
- College degree with a major in accounting, business administration, engineering or equivalent training required. A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing construction related projects and long-term service contracts. Experience in Energy industry is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of project related activities
- Detail oriented with strong time management and project management skills
- Contract Management skills
- High level of knowledge in use of Corporate Systems such as NetSuite Project Systems
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management
- Strong background in using MS Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally